Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Today's the Day

Well its time to quit packing and get some rest! I know that I hate over packing, but this year, since my ticket is one way, I have enough T-shirts as gifts that after the leftovers, I can sell and make a living the first 3 months. But speaking from experience of last year, I probably should have grabbed a few iPads and iPods to "coincidentally forget" in Brazil, since taxes and trade nearly triple the cost...but I didn't, so i hope I can make it with t-shirts! (editorial note: Carl is threatening to remain in Brazil...but since his Portuguese is pretty awful...I think the Brazilian government will notice he's not a native).

I'll keep the blog updated as best I can especially during our travels. If anything changes, which it may, I'll let you know. The only thing so far I see is that my Flight Tracker app has indicated a longer plane ride to Rio into Wednesday morning due to gulf currents, but it is noted that times are fluctuating.

But the plan still stands as:
Group meeting and sendoff: 8:00 AM at Thrasher Memorial UMC in Vinton, VA
Arrive in Charlotte: 1:00 PM
Depart Charlotte, NC to Miami, FL: 4:16 PM
Arrive in Miami, FL: 6:10 PM
4 hour (ish) layover
Depart to Rio De Janeiro: 10:05 PM
Arrive in Rio: 7:30 AM Wednesday!!! (6:30 EDT)
Last flight to Recife Departs @ 9:12 AM
We arrive in Recife at Noon on Wednesday, after 20 hours of air travel.

I'll leave it at that for now and update the progress along the way.

Thanks for all the prayers, and support in numerous ways to make this possible.  Its Finally Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment