Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday Evening

Well, ordering ice cream in Brazil was interesting. As the group tried to figure it out, I just ordered what I thought was either Strawberry or Cherry Vanilla but after tasting it, and using Google Translate, my lessons have failed me. So what if it was Pineapple Wine? It tasted like Robitussin.


We ventured to the supermarket and shopping is much easier than one might think. Many brands are the same as in the States, but we are proud of ourselves as we did both of these adventures with the group, down the street. The best part was ordering ice cream, which was a comic act all by itself.

Today we had soup for dinner which was like chicken enchilada and bread and fruit and juice. David set the week up with our schedule and I'll get that on here tomorrow. We are at the project for Friday, Saturday is a free day, and Sunday we have city tours and shopping, as church in Brazil is usually later in the night on Sundays.

We are exhausted and a small group of us run each morning at 6:30 down the street, so off to bed we go. The first day in the field has enriched all of us in many different ways, and progress is being made. Pictures are on their way, but need to be formatted, as they are not on my phone to upload.

Good night followers,
Carl

P.S. I don't hog the blog time, I have offered several times. I think as PM there should be a tax or fee for not contributing. That way I can make a living!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Carl! PM should have its benefits. Better luck next time with the ice cream choice! Love to all. Charlotte & Larry

    ReplyDelete