Monday, August 27, 2012

Lindsey Carver



My name is Lindsey Carver, I am seventeen years old, and I am a senior at William Byrd High School in Vinton, Virginia. I play volleyball, basketball, indoor track, and outdoor track for my school, and I am also the SCA president, needless to say I am very involved in my high school. I attend church at Grace Family Church.


The short time I spent in Brazil was life-changing. I try to take advantage of every opportunity, so when I heard about the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Brazil, I was all for it. It was not a hard decision to make at all. My family supported my decision whole-heartedly, they encouraged me to take advantage of this while I could.
 
I miss how loving the people of Brazil are. The culture is so much different from ours in America, but I feel so blessed to be able to experience God’s love through the relationships I built with the people in Brazil.
I wasn’t expecting to get as close to the people there as I did, but it’s pretty amazing that through technology I am still able to keep in touch with most of the people I met. Now that I’m home, I am indulging in familiar food, and taking full advantage of being able to drink water out of my faucet.

~Lindsey Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment